24.6.08

HOTlanta

First of all, I will say that I have been entirely HORRIBLE at blogging since I have entered my Summer world. The day after I got out of school, I headed out to Atlanta with GeeGee. I have been excited about this trip and a little bit hesitant at the same time. . . .This trip was the start of meeting GeeGee's family:




Once we got to Atlanta, I broke GeeGee in by meeting my right arm, Aklet. He passed that test, by not turning around and running for his life as he saw the reaction of the "Aklet & Honeychild combination". He tolerated. I would even go as far as to say that he enjoyed the company of my best friend and I. We only cause just SOOOO much trouble together. . .





After several days, of exposing GeeGee to Aket, loads of KIDS, and meeting family, we managed to end "our" trip together with a nice dinner at Cafe Istanbul. It was a eye widening experience to the Turkish culture and food.



We started by getting seated on cushions around a table. As we swished in six of us, the table next to us swished in 12 (which GeeGee was soooo pleased about. . .sharing personal space with 5-14 years olds. . .smoking Hukas). It was quite the dining experience. We all enjoyed a nice meal, and finshed it off with a mixed berry smoke.

Quite tasty, if I do say so myself! Oh, and did I fail to mention the belly dancing entertainment (and no Chuk, I am not referring to YOUR interpretation. . . )

After our dinner, we returned to the Vinson household to rock it out with some Rock Band. GeeGee "represented" on the drums, and Chuk, Aklet, and I took turns singing and playing guitar and bass. Good times!!



We ended GeeGee and I's visit in the ATL together, by going to his sister's house for one last hurray. This time, we brought the Vinson family, and case of beer, and a bottle of red wine. The younger kids got along grand! It was a good thing, since I had my bottle of wine to concentrate on. . . .



At the end of the day, my Summer has had a very nice start. I have gotten to visit with my best friend, as well as spend time with GeeGee vacationing.

GeeGee has since flown back to the RVA, and I am still in HOTlanta to finish up my visit. I head to Destin in a couple of days, and can hardly wait. It is going to be a girl's trip from here on out.

Look out, dirty south!!

0 comments: