30.3.09

10K Anyone!?!

Ukrops (our local grocery) had their annual 10K Walk/Run. I, on the other hand, worked my BUTT off at work. Buddy's was SLAMMED all weekend. I think I did the 10K TWICE.

Funny story:

We have a 2 for 1 deal at Buddy's from 10-12. You should SEE the people it attracts (it is sooo fun!). Some people try to sneak in, 10 minutes before 12, sit at a dirty table, and try to order IMMEDIATELY when you go to clear off the table.
I had this one group yesterday, that came in, and did just that. The thing is, it is not my call whether you get there before noon. The computer turns off the special at 12 o'clock (technology is AWESOME). So, I gave these people their check, and the man claimed that I have made a mistake:
"Ma'am, there is a mistake on my check. You charged us for ALL of our meals, and we got the two-for-one.. . ."
"Actually sir, the special is only until 12 o'clock. The computers automatically turn off the special after 12. "
(The man then gets angry- over $10 - and gets in my face)
"We were here BEFORE noon! We sat down and ordered! I know we did!!"
"Again sir, I have no control over the timer on the computer. . . "
"WELL, I need to see a manager then!!"
"YOU are looking at her!!" (I then walked away, since he was wasting my time, and I thought I was going to PUNCH him)
Anywho, the man came in and demanded that if I was the manager, then I could take it off his check. I proceeded to tell him to just leave and I would pay for his meals. He said, "Thanks. I appreciate it!" I told him that it was no problem, and "Thanks for taking $20 out of my pocket!"
What an ASS!?!

0 comments: