23.5.08

Keeping Up With The Jones'

So, I am house, dog, and kid sitting this weekend out in BFT. I REALLY can't complain about the gig AT ALL! The house is amazing, the dogs are low maintenance, and the kids are really not kids. The boys are 10 and 14, and they are VERY well mannered and self-sufficient.

So, back to the house. . . I have already texted GeeGee to ask if we can live in a house like this when we grow up! Although it is about 30 minutes from the city, it is quite a beautiful area. These people's home over looks a reservoir (the size of a LAKE. . .it fooled me!), with a beautiful outdoor kitchen, fireplace, and hot tub. They have had their kitchen redone since the last time I was here (needless to say, I would have been happy with the old kitchen). I walked in and was awed by the beauty and detail. I felt like had just opened a Better Homes & Garden magazine.

As I was making myself comfortable, I was told that the parents wanted me to stay in the master bedroom. As I found space for all my belongings, I also noted that they had had their master bathroom redone (again, I would have made do with the last one). First of all, their walk in closet is the size of TWO of my bedrooms. Then, I saw the shower. FULLY tiled, double shower heads and EVERYTHING!! They designed the shower so it is basically like a hallway. . . It's not square or rectangular. . . .It is LONG and CURVED. . . .Anyway. . I wonder how big their hot water tank is??

Anyway, if I lived in THIS neighborhood, I would have a hard time keeping up with these Jones'!! Time to sell YACHTS!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that you played 'dress-up'