23.10.08

Attack of the FLIES


I got a phone call the other day, that caused a SERIOUS flashback of a FREAK OUT!! Jules called me, with a concern of an abundance of flies found in her windows. She asked me if I had the same problem. . .Which brought me to my flashback:

One day last Fall, I noticed a numerous amount of flies in my windows. I gingerly lifted up my window shades, and started SWATTING away vigorously!! I hopped from window to window, killing flies!! By the time I got through swatting at ALL the living room windows, and ALL the kitchen windows, I noticed that the flies just seemed to magically multiply. THE WINDOWS WERE FILLED BACK UP. Frustrated and annoyed, several thoughts went through my head: Is there something DEAD under my house? Are there maggots somewhere? Is there a window OPEN somewhere?? What the HELL is going on???? The next day, I came home and began swatting away again. It wasn't working. . . The flies were just coming BACK! Time for plan B! I pulled out the vacuum cleaner, and started vacuuming up the live (and dead) flies from the windows.

Eventually, plan B worked. My problem was no longer the flies in the windows (which I STILL don't know what caused it) - It was the abundance of fly GUTS all over the inside of my windows.

Moral of this story - Jules: I have NO idea, but use a vacuum.

1 comments:

bosslady said...

so for you guys in the Lover's State it's flies. For us in Georgia it's lady bugs. For some reason my window sills are teaming with lady bugs and I just like you, vacuum 'em up. Huh.