23.11.08

Holiday Lights



So, this weekend, I decided would be a good time to decorate for the holidays (and no, I am not crazy). I actually have NEVER had a tree at my house, and barely decorate. I am usually away for the holidays, and am not around to attend to, or enjoy the decorations. I was feeling inspired to decorate this weekend since my roommate was home, and GeeGee was around. He is leaving town, and I am leaving town, so this was a good time for us to decorate together. . . .You know, the holiday spirit thing. . . .

GeeGee was also feeling inspired. He decided he wanted to decorate the OUTSIDE of the house (something that did not even cross my mind). As he was deciding the layout of the lights, and what we would need to purchase to complete the layout, I reminded him that if he put the lights up, he was going to have to take them down. He tried to convince me that it was okay to keep the lights up, if you could hide the lights well enough so you wouldn't really see them unless they were lit.

Needless to say. . .NO WAY was that an option.

Aklet: You can add this to my pet peeves - Keeping up your holiday decorations PAST celebration time.

On that note, I will say, that although my decorations are up early, they are not allowed to be lit up until after Thanksgiving. . .This was the only time I could get the roomies together for the decorating event before the holidays.

1 comments:

bosslady said...

I feel ya. I hate seeing crimmus decorations up after new year's day! I'm not really into decorating either, i've got a tree but it's just a 3' fake silver tree that is already lit. Nice!

ash